Sunday, May 1, 2011

Syllabus

The reason I signed up for this class is because I know NOTHING about comics. I've never even read an american comic book, just some mangas. I've noticed more and more in my animation classes that comic books and specific artists come up in conversation, and I really feel like I need a basic foundation of comic book knowledge for this industry. Also, there have been times that I've wanted to read comics (like Batman) but there seem to be so many different series that I really have no idea where to start. So one thing I want to get out of this class is a LOT of good recommendations for comics to read, and a basic knowledge of where to start. Also, I'd like to know what comic artists (and series) have been the most influential and groundbreaking. Basically, who is worth looking up.

After our class discussion I realized that there will be a lot more to this class than just comic book history. I would like to get some practical knowledge for myself out of this class, like how to be a better visual storyteller. I also really liked the idea of this class being a place where we can share story ideas and have them critiqued and made better. I think that would be incredibly beneficial.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Very Awesome. Coincidentally everything you want in the class will be formally addressed - in a very organized way. So stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete