Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jake Parker Presentation

I don't know how I spaced out on responding to Jake Parker's presentation. I've been going over what he talked about with us again and again though, noticing how applicable it is in relation to our current reading list. So even if this is the first evidence you're seeing of my attentiveness, please don't think I wasn't putting the information to use.

Anyway, that's what forgiveness is for.

All of my big interests have already been taken and shared in previous posts (which is what I get for being the last to respond), such as panel pacing and sizing and the effectiveness of word bubbles in directing flow.

So while I may not be able to bring anything new to the table as far as bringing up new insights, I can say that I have gone back to my notes and Jake's presentation in creating my beta comic. I was really struggling to figure out where to start and how to do it, and thinking about my layout actually gave me the final direction I needed in my story telling and narrative, which is a little backwards from what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment