Friday, May 20, 2011

Jake Parker

Like Ryan was talking about, I really appreciate the focus on simplicity. Simplicity in silhouette/staging makes everything easier to read and lets the timing flow. I also noted the information given on word bubbles. It's impressive how word bubbles can lead the eye so well. I hope I can get my comic to read well like that and flow dynamically at the same time.

Has anyone read Dead Pool? There's some funny use of boxes and bubbles with him having three way conversations with himself.

Here's some side notes:
Jake Parker's website - agent44.com
good short story references - Twilight Zone episodes, Ray Bradbury, and a comic called Planetary
I don't know if I can master it, but I like the idea of experimenting with panel shapes and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment